🏆 Our quality control team has carefully vetted this product. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
Experience the art of mezcal-making at a women-run Oaxaca palenque tour. Learn the traditional methods behind this iconic spirit while supporting female artisans. A unique and empowering mezcal tour that offers an authentic taste of Oaxacan culture.
Oaxaca Palenque Tour: Quick info
- 💸 Private tour: This is a private tour exclusive to your group
- ⚡ Booking Window: 7 days
- ⏰ Duration: 6 hours
- 📅 Availability: Once a day, all year round
- 🧑🤝🧑 Participants: Minimum of 2 pax, maximum of 6
- 🍲 Food options: You may also book this tour without lunch. Just get in touch if you don’t want to include food.
What you’ll do in this Oaxaca Palenque Tour
- Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at 9:30 AM
- Drive out of Oaxaca City to the palenque (45 minutes approx)
- 11:00 AM – Learn about traditional mezcal production from women entrepreneurs
- Start the tour with a mezcal tasting (up to 10 mezcal types)
- 1:00 PM – Go to the mezcal fields and learn about the agave plants used in mezcal production
- 3:20 PM – Eat a home-cooked meal prepared by the locals! (vegetarian option upon request; lunch is optional – just let us know!)
- Door-to-door pick up to and from your accommodation in Oaxaca
- English-speaking guide and driver
- Mezcal tasting and palenque tour
- Agave fields tour
- Lunch (3-course) with drinks [optional]
What’s NOT included?
- Tip for the driver and guides
- Meals and activities not mentioned above
This tour is non-refundable due to the demand and limited spots.