🏆 Our quality control team has carefully vetted this product. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
Experience Xochimilco Mexico City Day of the Dead tour with a local family guiding your journey. Visit a local home, create an altar, and learn about the traditions first-hand with Mexicans. Join us for an authentic, unforgettable homage to ancestral spirits!
ℹ️ Quick info
- 💸 Private tour: Discounted rate available for groups. Please inquire
- ⚡ Booking Window: 5-7 days
- ⏰ Duration: 3 hours
- 📅 Availability: Limited time offer (October 31 and November 1)
- 🧑🤝🧑 Participants: This is a small group tour where you will join other travelers (10 people)
🕯️ Xochimilco Mexico City Day of the Dead tour: what you’ll do
- Visit a local family’s home in Xochimilco
- Learn about day of the dead traditions with the host and her family
- Visit a local cemetery with the host’s family
- Experience day of the dead in a Mexican cemetery
- Mingle and make friends with locals in the cemetery
- Learn how to respect cemeteries during day of the dead
- Celebrate with music and food at the cemetery
- Do the traditional chilacayote to light the streets
⏰ Xochimilco Mexico City Day of the Dead tour availability and hours
This Xochimilco Mexico City day of the dead tour is available on October 31 and November 1, 2023 with three timeslots:
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
This is a small group tour where you will join other travelers (10 per group).
Customized and private tours are free to choose any time and date they prefer.
✅ What’s included?
- Local guide and her family (Mexicans)
- Food: pan de muerto and sweets
- Materials for creating the altar
- Flowers to place in the cemetery
- Travel Concierge for the duration of your trip in Mexico City (up to 7 days)
❎ What’s NOT included?
- Transportation to the meeting point [open on Google maps]
- Tips for the guides and the family
- Meals and activities not mentioned above
❌ Cancellation policy
This tour is seasonal, so it is non-refundable.