Tulum hotels are one of the reasons why travelers are drawn to visit Tulum. In this post, we ranked the best hotels in Tulum Mexico according to real human reviews and our personal experiences.
The jungle setting of this small pueblo magico in Quintana Roo makes every corner of Tulum instagrammable. It is sometimes dubbed the Bali of Mexico but Tulum has its own charm that is inviting to travelers from all parts of the world.
The first thing that travelers research when visiting Tulum is accommodations. We’ve made the research easy for you – read on and see our favorite hotels in Tulum Mexico.
🌴 Tulum hotels quick info
- Tulum hotels prices in this post are explained per group (from groups of 4) so don’t be shocked with the prices! We made it easier for your group to find accommodations that fit your budget but you can also customize the number of guests in your search.
- Most of the Tulum hotels in this list are close to Tulum center and Tulum beach.
- Some prices here are almost at par with Tulum resorts. Compare both these prices and see if an all-inclusive resort is better. If not, read on!
You might also like:
- 17 best cenotes near Tulum
- Mexico Insider’s things to do in Tulum
- When is the best time to visit Tulum Mexico?
- See all articles about Tulum Mexico
💖 Tulum hotels we love
📍 Tulum Centro
💲 from US$212
What to love: Take a break in the sun and swimming pool at this contemporary apartment. Located in the Tulum Downtown area, Iik Tulum By The Spot Rentals apartment provides free self-parking and a terrace. Guests can make use of laundry, ironing service, and tour assistance offered on-site.
Value for money: A group of 6 can avail of the 2 Bedroom Luxury Apartment with a private plunge pool on a balcony per night starting at US$212. You have your own apartment with a living room, private pool, balcony, and a garden view!
#2: Copal Tulum Hotel
📍 Aldea Zama
💲 from US$680
What to love: Custom-built and furnished to pamper you, this luxurious Copal Tulum Hotel is perfect for your vacation! With a private back patio, high-speed internet access, a fully equipped kitchen, and more, you’ll feel right at home.
Value for money: For a group of 8, you can avail of the 3-bedroom apartment that starts at US$680 per night, and has a living room, garden view, and a private pool, you can’t skip this! Their Deluxe King Room for two starts at US$201 per night with a good breakfast.
#3: Howlita Tulum (Adults Only)
📍 Av. Boca Paila
💲 from US$48
What to love: Discover a slice of paradise with the friendly Howlita Hotel Tulum. Located just 5 minutes from the town’s main square and the Mayan ruins. Their superb staff will help you organize excursions to indigenous villages in the area! Interesting, right?
Value for money: A night for two in their Double Room starts at US$48 with a good breakfast. You have an access to their private pool with a garden view and the room has a large double bed.
📍 C.8 Sur
💲 from US$90
What to love: Xperience Tulum Hotel is a charming hotel located in the center of Tulum. It offers elegant rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi, as well as a terrace with a garden and parking facilities.
Value for money: A night for three in the studio with a terrace room starts at US$110, having one extra-large double bed, and a sofa bed is a good catch! If you are just a couple, a night starts at US$90 with no pre-payment needed.
#5: Jade Tulum Hotel
📍 77760 Tulum
💲 from US$89
What to love: If comfort and relaxation are your priorities, then Jade Tulum Hotel is for you! The newly opened hotel gives a vibrant and cozy ambiance to its guests.
Value for money: A room for three per night can be booked, starting at US$99. You have your ensuite bathroom, terrace, minibar, and pool with a view. A room for two per night starts at US$89. Great value for money and convenience with nearby places!
#6: Villas Geminis Boutique Condo Hotel
📍 Calle Geminis Sur
💲 from US$154
What to love: Enjoy the sea breeze from your terrace as you take in the peaceful surroundings at Villas Geminis Boutique Condo Hotel. The shops and restaurants of town are just a 5-minute walk away. You can also book daily massages and private yoga classes at this property.
Value for money: If you are a group of 4, you can get their Van Gogh – Two Bedroom Apartment per night at US$154 with a good breakfast.
The room has one extra large double bed and a sofa bed that you can enjoy. A night for two in their Klimt – King Suite with Balcony starts at US$102.
#7: Hotel Bardo (Adults Only)
📍 77760 Tulum
💲 from US$428
What to love: They are an eco-friendly, meditation-centric resort that offers guests the chance to immerse themselves in traditional Mayan culture, with sound baths, traditional medicine, and all-important sunsets. Interesting, right?
Value for money: A night for two in their Suite with a private pool and balcony starts at US$428. The suite has a bedroom with one extra large double bed and a living room with one sofa bed. This room has its own private entrance.
📍 Andromeda Ote 18
💲 from US$242
What to love: Staying at Live Tulum offers an outdoor pool with hydro-massage jets, a wellness center, and free WiFi access in all areas. The property is located near the Tulum Archeological Site, where guests can enjoy a coffee at the café or order one of their salads. This is also a great spot for hiking and exploring the beaches.
Value for money: For a group of 6, you can book the Family – two bedroom apartment with a balcony that starts at US$242 per night. Their Ground Floor Apartment for two starts at US$125 per night.
#9: Aldea Xaan Ha
📍 Avenida 1, C. 19
💲 from US$120
What to love: Experience the best at Aldea Xaan Ha Tulum. This aparthotel features an outdoor pool, as well as a solarium. WiFi access is available in all areas, and guests can enjoy a continental breakfast every morning. Sun loungers are also offered for lazy days by the pool or garden.
Value for money: A night at their Deluxe Double Room starts at US$120 for two. You may choose with either garden or pool view, having your own pool and patio. This rate includes an exceptional breakfast.
#10: Majaro Hotel Tulum
📍 Fraccionamiento La Veleta
💲 from US$757
What to love: An oasis of natural beauty, Majaro Hotel is a Tulum hotel that offers peaceful, quiet, attentive service and a home-like feel. Enjoy our convenient location close to downtown Tulum beachfront dining and shopping.
Value for money: For a group of 6, you can avail of the Apartment with Terrace that starts at US$757 per night. If you are a group of 3, rooms start at US$544 inclusive of breakfast. It is a good deal since the hotel is downtown!
📍 Carretera Federal, Carr. Tulum-Boca Paila
💲 from US$1,899
What to love: The design of each of their suites creates a perfect balance between luxury and nature, bridging the gap to reconnect with ourselves within the mystical Riviera Maya and the sacred waves of the Caribbean Sea.
Value for money: Feeling fancy? A night for two in their Master Suite Ocean Front starts at US$1,899 with a continental breakfast. You have your own pool, balcony, and sea view. They also offer a Suite with Jungle View starting at US$1,116 per night, that has a continental breakfast.
#12: Era Hotel and Spa Tulum
📍 C. 6 Sur, La Veleta
💲 from US$262
What to love: Era Tulum is a new concept of hotel inspired by Mediterranean architecture, local materials, and the simplicity of nature. Within this area, everything is fleeting, and the individual develops within an idealistic nomadic community.
Value for money: For a group of 3, you can avail of their Family Suite starting at US$305 per night, including a good breakfast! For couples, a night can cost starting at US$262, in their Superior King Room with an extra large double bed.
#13: Una Vida
📍 Av La Selva
💲 from US$474
What to love: One of the most unique properties you’ll find in Tulum, Una Vida offers fabulous accommodation in a super chill and tranquil setting. This hotel is located a few blocks from the center of town, with great restaurants, and bars.
Value for money: A night for two in their Tropical Room with Terrace starts at US$474. This double room has a balcony, air conditioning, and a private entrance. A 1-bedroom suite is also offered if you are a group of 3, the price starts at US$557.
#14: Little Gem
📍 Calle 14 Sur
💲 from US$248
What to love: Little Gem Hotel is designed to make you feel at home. It is within the center of Tulum, close to restaurants, bars, shops, and other attractions.
You can explore northern attractions like The Great Cenote, and other ruins in Chichen Itza. Everything you need is only 15 minutes away from Little Gem Hotel.
Value for money: For a group of 4, you can avail of their Two Bedroom Deluxe Family Room that starts at US$248 per night. They also offer a Suite Queen with Balcony and Pool View starting at US$122 per night. Great value for money, you can’t skip this!
#15: Hotel MX
📍 Carretera Federal, Carr. Cancun – Tulum
💲 from US$67
What to love: Hotel MX Tulum is fronted by a long stretch of the white sands of Tulum beach, where guests can enjoy stunning views of aquamarine waters and beautiful sea creatures. They’re located in central Tulum, just 100 meters from the beach.
Value for money: For a group of 4, you can avail of the Family Suite for an affordable price that starts at US$67, having your balcony and view with 2 large double beds. If you are traveling solo, their suite room starts at US$47 per night!
✈️ Ready for your trip to Tulum? If you need more information about the best Tulum hotels, we’d be happy to update this post – just leave your questions below or join our Facebook community where we answer questions without a cost.
🇲🇽 Tulum Travel Resources
- ✈️ Flights to Cancun: use the code MXINSIDER to get discounts on flights to Cancun upon checkout on WayAway.
- 🚕 Cancun to Tulum Airport Transfer (from US$50): the travel time from Cancun to Tulum is about an hour and 20 minutes but faster with a private transfer. Click here to see prices from local drivers.
- 🚗 Cancun Airport Rental Cars: Rent a car and go around Riviera Maya for only US$35 per day (credit card required for car deposit). Check prices at Rental Cars Cancun.
- 🚌 Tulum bus transportation: you can also book bus tickets online to get to and from Tulum and around Riviera Maya. BusBud Tulum is the best platform to use!
- 🧭 Tulum Tours: find over 50+ things to do in Tulum including day trips, boat cruises, and more! Viator Tulum has activities from US$45
- 🛏️ Tulum Hostels: backpackers and young travelers, you can stay in a dorm bed in Tulum for as low as US$25! Check Hostelworld Tulum for the best rates.
- 🏨 Tulum Hotels: for those who are not fans of resorts or all-inclusive stays, hotels in Tulum start at US$55 (for 2 pax). Booking.com Tulum has many properties you’ll love!
- 🏖️ Tulum Resorts: get resort deals in Riviera Maya for as low as US$350. There are many resorts to choose from and the great deals can be found on Expedia Tulum.
- 🏘️ Tulum Airbnbs: we love this group of Airbnb in Tulum and most of them are under US$100! Check all available vacation homes here.
- ✅ Tulum Travel Planner: we have local staff on the ground in Tulum who knows Riviera Maya well. Contact us and we will help you plan your trip for a fixed rate. No hidden fees, just simple charges.
- 🏥 Mexico Travel Insurance: do not travel to Mexico without insurance. Check insurance plans on SafetyWing SafetyWing for as low as US$40 for full travel coverage.
- 📧 Tulum Updates: subscribe to our newsletter and get honest and transparent updates about Tulum. You will love our monthly news in your inbox! NO SPAM. NEVER.
- ☕ Buy us coffee: readers who support Mexico Insider help us continue bringing you the most honest content about Tulum. Consider donating to our coffee fund if you like the content that we do.
Gem is a luxury hotels and accommodations correspondent across our networks in the Insider Group. She runs our Southeast Asia office and sometimes hops into Mexico for a quick visit to her favorite destination, Tulum.