[Oaxaca City] Oaxaca City Walking Tour (Shared)
This Oaxaca City walking tour will take you around the most colorful city in Mexico to explore the colonial influences and colorful facades of time-worn buildings. This tour is best for photographers and culture enthusiasts. Learn about the city’s diverse artistic and culinary traditions that make it a true Mexican gem.
This tour is also available for private groups. Use the contact form to get a special quote (minimum of 3 people)
🧭 Oaxaca City Walking Tour Itinerary
- Choose between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM start time. Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the call time. We will send the address of the meeting point once your order is confirmed.
- Start the tour at the Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzmán, a stunning example of Baroque architecture in Mexico. Here, you will discover the rich history and exquisite beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore the charming streets of Oaxaca City’s historic center with a stroll along Andador Turístico. This pedestrian-only street features colorful buildings, local shops, bars and restaurants, and live music performances.
- In the city center, we will see music on the streets and local life at the Zócalo (central square), the heart of Oaxaca City.
- You will also try a delicious Oaxacan ice cream or a “tejate,” a refreshing pre-Hispanic Oaxacan drink (optional, pay your ice cream).
- We will finish this Oaxaca City Walking Tour with a visit to two of Oaxaca’s biggest markets, where you can enjoy the rich gastronomy of Oaxaca. You will learn about famous Oaxacan delicacies like mole Oaxaqueño, quesillo, and grasshoppers.
✅ What’s included?
- English-speaking guide
❎ What’s NOT included?
- Pick-up and drop-off. A meeting point will be sent via e-mail once your booking is confirmed
- Meals (breakfast, lunch), but we will take you to a local spot (pay your own food)
- Tips for the tour guides
- Entrance fees to attractions
❌ Cancellation policy
Refundable 4 days before the trip date with a 16% IVA charge/fee