???? This product has been carefully vetted by our quality control team. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
Welcome to the latest addition to our Oaxaca local tours! This is the most authentic and intimate mezcal tour in Oaxaca. As we support the local communities in Mexico, we strive to find the most genuine experiences that help our communities in Mexico. We’ve traveled far and wide to look for these people and we guarantee that you will enjoy this curated experience. You can read about how this tour will go here (story and pictures)
Mezcal tour Oaxaca itinerary
- 8:30 AM: Driver will pick you up at your accommodation in Oaxaca City
- 9:30 AM: Arrive at the wild agave fields outside of Oaxaca City
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive to the Oaxaca fields and get to know the different types of mezcal. You’ll get to plant your own agave, too!
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch in the agave fields (meal prepared by the locals). Please inform us about your dietary preferences/restrictions
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Distillery tour and mezcal tasting
- 3:00 PM: Head back to Oaxaca (one hour drive)
- Transportation to and from Oaxaca City (door to door)
- Distillery tour
- Wild agave fields tour on a truck
- Tip for the local family
- Private transport to your group (minimum 2 people, max 5)
What’s NOT included?
- US$50 plantation fee (to be paid in cash to the driver)
- Tip for the driver
Important notes before booking this Oaxaca mezcal tour
- You can buy your mezcal bottles at the plantation but they only accept cash. Feel free to ask the driver to stop by an ATM before heading out of Oaxaca.
- We only accept bookings made 7 days before your trip. This is a very in-demand tour and we only cater to small groups. Questions? E-mail us at [email protected] or call +52 624 159 6322.