Our quality control team has carefully vetted this product. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
Welcome to the latest addition to our Oaxaca local tours! This is the most authentic and intimate mezcal tour in Oaxaca. As we support the local communities in Mexico, we strive to find the most genuine experiences that help our communities in Mexico.
We’ve traveled far and wide to look for these people and we guarantee that you will enjoy this curated experience. You can read about how this tour will go here (story and pictures).
ℹ️ How it works
- Instant confirmation upon booking
- Once we receive your payment, our office will get in touch with you to get some important details (i.e. travel date, hotel address in Oaxaca City)
- The tour guide will coordinate with you via Whatsapp. Make sure you have this app downloaded before you travel to Oaxaca
🧭 Mezcal tour Oaxaca itinerary
- 7:30 AM: The driver will pick you up at your accommodation in Oaxaca City
- 8:30 AM: Arrive at the wild agave fields outside of Oaxaca City
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive to the Oaxaca fields and get to know the different types of mezcal. You’ll get to plant your own agave, too!
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch in the agave fields (meal prepared by the locals). Please inform us about your dietary preferences/restrictions
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Distillery tour and mezcal tasting
- 3:00 PM: Head back to Oaxaca (one-hour drive)
✅ What’s included?
- Transportation to and from Oaxaca City (door to door)
- Distillery tour
- Wild agave fields tour on a truck
- Tip for the local family
- Private transport to your group (minimum 2 people, max 5)
❎ What’s NOT included?
- US$50 plantation fee (to be paid in cash to the driver)
- Tip for the driver and tour guides
- If you want to go shopping, please take cash. They do not accept credit cards
❌ Cancellation policy
Refundable 7 days before the trip date with a 16% IVA charge/fee
The tour is really a unique experience and I highly recommend it. Everything was very smooth, our guide was very knowledgeable and addressed all our questions. At the Palenque, the tour was done by Conejo himself. He took us to the mountains and explained in detailed about different types of agave plants that he grows. Afterwards we had some delicious tamales and went back to see the rest of the production process. You could really see how passionate the guy is about what he does. We learned so much. After we went on to tase some of the mezcals that Conejo produced and purchased our favorite ones. Will definitely be back!