Our quality control team has carefully vetted this product. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
This Marietas Islands tour includes the famous secret beach. The local fisherman will send you a meeting point in Sayulita so you don’t have to go to Punta de Mita yourself.
The fisherman we are supporting for this tour is one of the original Sayulita families. You may opt to book through a private tour company with big yachts but if you book with us, you are helping us support local!
Go to the additional information tab for more details about this Marietas Islands tour with the secret beach.
🔴 Important notes
- Marietas Islands tours are NOT available on Mondays and Tuesdays
- We only accept bookings made 10 days before the trip. Marietas only accepts 14 people per day per boat.
- Children below 12 and adults aged 60 and above cannot enter the secret beach for safety purposes. You can still do the Marietas Tour but without the secret beach here.
🗺️ Marietas Islands Tour Itinerary
- 9:25 AM: Go to the meet-up point in Sayulita (sent to your e-mail when your booking is confirmed)
- 10:00 AM: start of Marietas tour
- 3:00 PM: return to Sayulita
✅ What’s included?
- Entrance fee to the park
- Boat ride with a local guide
- We depart from Sayulita. You don’t need to take a taxi to Punta de Mita or La Cruz
- Snorkeling gear
❎ What’s NOT included?
- Transportation to the meet-up point, which is a 3-minute walk from the Sayulita plaza. We will send the map as soon as your tour is confirmed.
- Lunch: bring light snacks!
- Boatman and crew tips
❌ Cancellation policy
Marietas Islands Tour is non-refundable because of the 14-people-per-day limit.
Marcus Phillips –
We loved this tour very much with Cesar. We were supposed to cancel the trip but I am glad we pushed through. Happy to support locals in Sayulita. Thanks for giving me a chance to give back instead of booking with a travel company!
Super local tour and we loved Cesar and his gang. We were supposed to book a trip with a big company but we were informed that this company X has captured animals so we decided not to support them. You might know whcih company I am talking about! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to give back to the Sayulita community. Highly recommended and we will do it again!
Alejandro and Hector were amazing! We went to the hidden beach, snorkeling to see fish, went to another island beach for sun bathing, saw some whales and turtles, and enjoyed the provided snacks/beers! Alejandro taught us so much about the area. He was so great!
Is this price per person?
Lori Shaw –
Glad that we didn’t have to go to Puerto Vallarta to do this tour. This tour departs in Sayulita which makes it so much easier for us! The guides are great and we loved to see the Marietas Islands. We also love the fact that this is a local tour and we always want to support the community in Sayulita. Thank you, Cesar and Jose!
Suzanne Singer –
We did this tour with Sergio and his family. It was a great experience because we have kids and his children are so active, good swimmers, and good surfers. My children were able to learn about the local life in Sayulita and I am glad they get to meet this family. Overall love the Marietas and Sergio even took us for an extra snorkeling trip in another spot after the Marietas Tour. Thank you for this amazing Mariets Islands Tour!!!