Our quality control team has carefully vetted this product. Read our #SupportLocal project for more information.
Visit the majestic Hierve El Agua in Oaxaca City is one of the majestic natural wonders of Mexico. In Spanish, hierve means to boil which has nothing to do with what Hierve El Agua is. It is definitely the opposite as these waterfalls are petrified, more like frozen in time.
The natural springs of Hierve El Agua Oaxaca have calcified and its waters were pushed to the edge of the cliff through karstic limestone creating the petrified waterfall. It is similar to Pamukkale in Turkey and Sichuan in China.
View this post on Instagram
ℹ️ How it works
- Instant confirmation upon booking
- Once we receive your payment, our office will get in touch with you to get some important details (i.e. travel date, hotel address in Oaxaca City)
- The tour guide will coordinate with you via Whatsapp. Make sure you have this app downloaded before you travel to Oaxaca
- The price above is for adults. Please contact us for discounted rates for children below 12 years of age
🌟 What you’ll do: tour highlights
- Swim in the natural pools of the petrified waterfalls in Hierve El Agua
- Hike inside Hierve El Agua compound
- Go on a tequila tasting
- Visit the loom weavers of Teotitlan del Valle
🧭 Hierve el Agua Tour Itinerary
- 8:45 AM: The driver will pick you up at your hotel in Oaxaca City
- 9:45 AM: Arrive at Hierve El Agua
- 12:45 AM: Lunch
- 1:45 PM: Mezcal tasting
- 2:45 PM: Visit the textile weavers in Teotitlan del Valle
- 5:00 PM: Back to Oaxaca City
✅ What’s included?
- Transportation to and from Oaxaca City
- Airconditioned vehicle
- Admission tickets
- Mezcal tasting
✅ What’s NOT included?
- Food and drinks (we will take you to a local restaurant)
- Tips for the driver and guides
❌ Cancellation policy
Refundable 7 days before the trip date with a 16% IVA charge/fee
✨ Oaxaca travel guides
- The complete travel guide to Oaxaca City
- Oaxaca City Articles
- Oaxaca State Travel Guides
- Oaxaca Tours and Activities