🏖️ Beach in Sayulita Mexico
Carricitos Beach is the best beach to watch the sunset in Sayulita. It’s about a 40-minute walk from the Sayulita Plaza. The road is flat and you will go through a canopied jungle so get ready for an adventurous walk! Alternatively, you can also rent a golf cart to get here.
This is a remote beach in Sayulita where you can easily stay for a whole day. Not a lot of people have the energy to go to this beach but this is a local spot and is the best beach in Sayulita!
There are no stores in Carricitos Beach so bring your own booze and food. The best time to come here is at sunset time. This beach has strong currents so swim at your own risk.
🚘 How to get to Carricitos Beach Sayulita
- Take a taxi at the Sayulita plaza: there are many taxis in line at the Sayulita plaza that can drive you to Carricitos Beach. Just make sure to get the driver’s number so you can also arrange the pick-up from the beach. The normal rate ranges from $10 – $25 USD.
- Rent a golf cart: Golf carts are the main mode of transportation in Sayulita. Carricitos Beach is easily accessed with a golf cart but make sure you have it fully charged before this ride as it can be a long ride with uphills and downhills.
- Walk: Carricitos Beach is about a 40-minute walk from the Sayulita plaza. The roads are combined with cobblestones and muddy roads. There are also parts where you will walk on a canopy so it won’t be that hot.
✨ Carricitos Beach Sayulita Tips
- The currents can be strong so swim at your own risk. This is a surfing beach but non-surfers can also hang out at the vast shoreline.
- Bring your own food and drink: there are no stores here so you need to bring EVERYTHING. On the way to Carricitos Beach Sayulita, stop by Camacho’s, a small supermarket with the cheapest beers and snacks!
- Minimal to no shade on this beach: if you want to hang out here all afternoon without burning from the sun, bring an umbrella or a tent.
- Dogs can roam unleashed: this is one of the beaches in Mexico where your dogs can run around without a leash! Just be careful if there are other dogs around and maintain your distance.