Baja California Travel Guide
Everything you need to know about the state of Baja California, Mexico
BAJA CALIFORNIA TRAVEL GUIDE CONTENTS
Also known as Baja California Norte, Baja California is on the border of the United States (San Diego, CA) and Mexico (Tijuana). The capital city of Baja California state is Mexicali. Its economy depends on livelihoods like mining, agriculture, plant manufacturing, and of course, tourism.
There are 6 border crossing points in the US and there are many Americans/Mexicans/Mexican-Americans who live in Baja California and work in the United States. They commute daily because the US salary can be stretched further if you are living in Mexico. This border crossing is very busy and it may take up to 6 hours if you don’t have border special passes like Sentri.
Fun fact: In 1539, the Spaniards arrived Baja California Mexico and they believed it is a magical island inhabited by beautiful female warriors. They also made the fictional warrior queen of Baja California named Calafia.
🇲🇽 Baja California Sur quick info
- Location: open on Google maps
- Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (GMT -6), same as San Diego, California
- Capital: La Paz
- Population: 798,447 (2020 Census)
- Size: 28,369 square miles
- Year established: 1974
- Major cities by population: La Paz (219,596) San Jose del Cabo (164,162) Ciudad Constitución (63,830) Santa Rosalia (52,743) Loreto (11,839)